Ashish Vidyarthi is an Actor, motivational speaker, leadership & creativity coach, and a YouTuber from India. He performs in films in several different languages, including Bengali, English, Odia, Marathi, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, and Malayalam. For the Hindi movie “Drohkaal,” he received the National Film Award for Best Supporting Actor in 1995. He is well renowned for his roles as antagonists in regional language films.
|Full Name:||Ashish vidyarthi|
|Known For:||Drohkaal (A film for which he won a National Award)|
|Date of Birth:||19 June 1962|
|Age (as in 2023):||61 years old|
|Place of Birth:||Kerala|
|Education:||BA in History Hons. at Hindu College, New Delhi|
|Alma Mater:||Not specified|
Reba and Govind Vidyarthi’s son, Ashish Vidyarthi was born in Tellicherry, Kerala, in 1962. He went to Delhi in 1969 and enrolled at the Delhi Public School, where he received numerous best actor awards for drama and skits. He completed his B.A. in history at S.V. College after passing his Class XII examinations in 1980.
Ashish began his career as a theatre performer. He participated in plays by several Indian theatre companies, including Prithvi Theatre, Act One Theatre, and Ekjute Theatre Group. His acting career began in 1991 with the Hindi film “Kal Sandhya,” in which he played a police officer. As captain Bhadra in the 1994 Hindi film “Drohkaal,” he shot to fame. In several Hindi films, including “1942: A Love Story” (1994), “Major Saab” (1998), “Vaastav: The Reality” (1999), “LOC: Kargil” (2003), “Barfi!” (2012), and “Kuttey” (2023), Ashish has appeared as an actor. He made his English movie debut in 2000 with the movie “Nightfall,” in which he played the character Kopton.
He created the ‘Ashish Vidyarthi Official’ YouTube channel in 2020, where he posts his vlogs. Gaana, Spotify, and Wynk are just a handful of the music streaming services where Ashish has launched a few podcast series. In 2014, he founded Ashish Vidyarthi & Associates- Avid Miner, a professional training and coaching organisation. He has hosted numerous motivating workshops for professionals and students while simultaneously working as a motivational speaker.
Educational Qualification Bachelor of Arts (B. A.) in History
Diploma in Acting
School Shiv Niketan School, Delhi, India
Bharatiya Vidhya Bhavan’s Mehta Vidhyalaya, New Delhi, India
College/University Hindu College, New Delhi, India
National School of Drama, New Delhi, India
Family & Affairs
Govind Vidyarthi, his father, was a freedom fighter for India and a staff archivist at the Sangeet Natak Akademi in New Delhi. Reba Vidyarthi, his mother, was a master of kathak. There are no siblings for him. Ashish had two marriages; the first was to the actress Rajoshi Vidyarthi, a well-known Shakuntala Barua of Bengali descent. The couple married out of love. Arth Vidyarthi, Ashish’s son, was born on November 15th, 2000. He wed fashion entrepreneur Rupali Barua on May 25, 2023. He had previously been married.
Ashish Vidyarthi stands 5 feet 8 inches tall. He weighs 72 kg. Ashish’s eyes are Dark brown and hair are black in colour.
|Net Worth:||82 Crores (Reports)|
|Salary / Income:||25 lacs- 1 Cr. per film (Reports)|
- 1995: National Film Award for Best Supporting Actor for the Hindi film Drohkaal
- 1996: Bengal Film Journalists’ Association – Best Actor Award (Hindi) for the film Is Raat Ki Subah Nahin
- 1997: Star Screen Award for Best Villain for the Hindi film Is Raat Ki Subah Nahin
- 2005: Filmfare Award for Best Villain Telugu for the film Athanokkade
- 2012: Nandi Award for Best Character Actor for the Telugu film Minugurulu
- 2023: Best Travel & Food Vlogger by Lokmat
Trivia & Facts
- His father took the last name Vidyarthi from Indian journalist and liberation fighter Ganesh Shankar Vidyarthi. His father took on the surname in honour of his father, who frequently played the part of Ganesh Shankar in theatrical productions.
- Ashish nearly drowned in a river in 2016 while filming a scene for the Hindi movie “Bollywood Diaries.” Then a police officer came to his aid.
- He has two pet dogs named Sasha and Laika and is a fervent animal lover.
- Ashish enjoys eating meat and other non-vegetarian cuisine.
- He admitted in an interview that he experienced bullying a lot because of his dark skin.